* the beginnings of blooms on our hydrangea.
* a dubbed version of Law and Order. Still good, but not as convincing in German.
* the silence of the library, where I have taken to retreating lately to concentrate on writing. The top floor has floor-to-ceiling windows where you can look out onto treetops or over the hospital campus and the open windows offer a nice breeze while you work. And it is the quietest library I have ever been in. Ever. Can’t tell if it is a medical student thing or a German thing, but it is absolutely silent. I remember not liking to study at Columbia’s Health Sciences library because people chatted too much – fun, for sure, but not so productive. Here, not so much.
* homemade iced coffee!
* frozen pizzas because we accidentally defrosted our freezer and now have to eat everything in eat.
* the sunshine (finally) on my skin.
* how nice it is to wear dresses when the weather is warm.