25. Visit three new Christmas markets and blog about them.
Another Christmas market post, you ask? In January? Yes. Even though it’s a tad bit late, it’s better than having you thinking that I was shirking my 33 Things responsibilities!
My third and final new Weihnachtsmarkt of the season was in the Ottensen neighborhood of Hamburg right before Christmas. After I arrived at the train station, we spontaneously decided to head straight to the market instead of going home first. Unfortunately, this meant that I didn’t have my camera along — so you’ll just have to take my word for it instead.
Actually, maybe it was for the best. Of the three new markets I visited this year, this one was definitely my least favorite. Not that it was bad in any particular way — just that it was completely average as far as Christmas markets go, without any extra flair (in my opinion). Still, goodies were eaten and Glühwein was consumed!
- Christmas market visits (old and new): 5 (2 in Bremen + 3 in Hamburg)
- Mugs of Glühwein consumed: 6
- Souvenir mugs collected: 2
- Bags of Schmalzkuchen consumed: 6
- Most number of socks worn at one time: 3 + 1 pair of tights
- Coldest temperature: -7 C / 19 F