Have you ever gone through an intense phase at work where all you do is work, eat and sleep? And you forget about all the stuff you used to do for fun? And all the stuff you had been hoping to do with your time? Yep, that’s me. This week I came across the Twelve by 2012 on Oh, Hello Friend (via Miss Modish) and decided it would be just the thing to get me out of this of this slump.
Sometimes these phases are totally necessary, but it’s also important to remind yourself that it was only temporary and to get back as into your normal rhythms of life as quickly as possible. This list is both a reminder to myself and a public commitment to get things moving!
Bold = Finished! Italics = Working on it! (Last updated: November 12, 2011)
- Practice yoga at least 3 times a week.
- Get back up and running (literally!) at least 2-3 times a week.
- Hold the plank pose for 2 minutes at a time.
- Get back into individual tutoring to freshen up my German.
- Take photos and blog about the improvements to our apartment.
- Try out at least 3 new recipes and blog about them. (Butternut squash soup!)
- Makes pumpkin pie again from scratch for Thanksgiving.
- Try at least 3 new restaurants in Berlin and blog about them.
- Get my teeth cleaned. (Read about it here!)
- Even though we’ll be gone for Christmas, hang up the lights at the beginning of December.
- Replace my winter jacket.
- Wear bright red lipstick at least once a week. (Read about it here!)
Of course, I’ll be blogging about my progress as I go. How about you? Do you already have a list like this, at least in your head, if not written down? What do you want to get done before 2012?