It’s about that time to start reflecting on the year that has passed — and my very favorite way to do that is by reviewing the books I’ve read…
Read in 2013
2013 has been a year full of really wonderful books. Although I only read eight, I fell in love with nearly every single one. Many had such a profound effect on me that I still can’t find the words to properly write about them. Most recently that was The Fault In Our Stars — deeply sad, but not in an overtly emotional way, if that makes sense. Similarly, Code Name Verity left me absolutely speechless. If you’re looking for a good read, I can recommend any of the books on my list from 2013.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Tenth of December by George Saunders
- Zen Under Fire by Marianne Elliott – My Review
- The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee – My Review
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – My Review
To Read in 2014
If you’re friends with me over on Goodreads, you know my to-read list is impossibly long. Which is why for 2014, I still have books leftover from 2013 to read. But a Kindle is at the top of my Christmas list, so I imagine I’m going to be tearing through books like crazy this year!
- Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Wake by Elizabeth Knox
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
What are your favorite books from this year? Are there any I should adding to my list for 2014?
For more year-end book reviews, check these posts out:
P.S. Make sure to check out Click Clack Gorilla’s Year in Books 2013 and Book Lover Blog Hop for more great lists of books read this year!