1. Print and frame a few photographs from our travels. (Done)
2. Start planning a trek of Kilimanjaro. (In Progress)
3. Submit at least two English articles from my current research for publication, plus another one in German would be great (with a little collaboration help, of course).
6. Participate in a mission from the global version of Improv Everywhere, Urban Prankster.
8. Take a bike tour through Germany.
9. Pay off my last credit card.
10. Find a good sushi restaurant in Hamburg. (Done)
11. Travel to a country I have not been to before.
12. Now that I’m starting to figure out the wonders of Photoshop, new banners for the blog! (Done)
13. Become a full-fledged Mac user. (Done)
14. Find a job to keep me here in Germany after my fellowship is over. (Done)
15. Submit an abstract to the 2010 American Public Health Association conference. (Done)
16. Spend a concentrated amount of time each week improving my German vocabulary.
17. Make an appointment for my first doctor’s visit in Germany. (Done)
18. Buy new running shoes next time I am in the U.S. (Done)
19. Take a photography course. (In Progress)
21. See Ben Harper in concert again. (In Progress: By absolute chance, we found out he is the opening act for a show we already have tickets for in Berlin in June. Really, how much better does it get than that?)
24. Build up a good-sized savings account. (Done, and now in the process of depleting it.)
25. Run my sixth 1/2 marathon. (Done)
26. Trade in my American driver’s license for a German one.
29. Drastically update my hairstyle. (Done)
30. I am not quite ready yet, but I am committing myself to at least contemplate the possibility of a brand new tattoo that is bigger and brighter and better than all the ones that have come before it.
31. Give up my ANTM-watching habit. Seriously, I am losing a few brain cells and my self-respect.
Sounds like a fun year ahead, don’t you think? Can’t wait to get started. Oh, wait, I already have!